Institute of Food Safety, Animal Health and Environment BIOR begins to implement BONUS EEIG research project INSPIRE
Institute of Food Safety, Animal Health and Environment BIOR in consortium with the lead Coordinator University of Tartu, Estonian Marine Institute and other 11 partners from Denmark, Poland, Sweden, Germany and Finland begins to implement BONUS EEIG research project “Integrating spatial processes into ecosystem models for sustainable utilization of fish resources” (INSPIRE).
The following works will be implemented within the project:
- Conducting research records in the Baltic Sea in 2014-2015;
- Creation of a database on the marking of flounder and cod in Latvia in the 1950s and 1970s;
- Assessing the importance of different Baltic Sea areas in sprat production;
- Evaluation of cod, herring, sprat and flounder stocks using project results, in collaboration with project partners;
- Development of proposals and additions to existing fish stocks in the Baltic Sea;
- Promotion of project results.
Project implementation period from 1 February 2014 to 31 January 2018.
Institute BIOR the total cost of the project is 372 000 EUR, of which the Latvian State grant is 186 000 EUR, BONUS EEIG provides 186 000 EUR.
The project is implemented in four stages.