An agreement has been signed between the Institute BIOR and SEDA on the implementation of the first stage of the BONUS BLUEWEBS project
The State Education Development Agency (SEDA) and Institute of Food Safety, Animal Health and Environment (BIOR) signed an agreement on the implementation of the first stage of the BONUS BLUEWEBS project from 01.04.2017 to 31.03.2018 with a total implementation cost of EUR 55828,80 EUR, where 50% financed by the European Commission and 50% by the Latvian state budget.
In the first stage of the project Institute BIOR will carry out the following tasks:
- Data preparation and inclusion in the database on long-term changes in Baltic Sea phytoplankton, zooplankton, zoobenthos abundance, feeding ecology and functional traits.
- Structural and functional analysis of the Baltic Sea food web.
- Preparation of cod otolith material for stable carbon and nitrogen isotope analyses.
- Participation in social network analysis of Baltic Sea interest groups.
- Participation in the coordination of scientific work, dissemination of the project results and development of the training plan.